Cost per serving $1.16 view details
- 2 lrg eggplants
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. yogurt
- 4 x cloves garlic mashed
- Â Â salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the eggplants in a warm oven till tender throughout.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise to hasten roasting time.
- If cut in half, lightly salt the cut side with kosher salt.
- Scoop out eggplant pulp.
- Place in food processor, blender or possibly mash by hand.
- Add in remaining ingredients and pulse till it is as smooth a consistency as you desire.
- I like mine mostly pureed, but still some texture remaining.
- NOTES : This can be served with pita wedges, chips, or possibly vegetables.
- For an interesting variation, add in pureed or possibly diced roasted red peppers.
- Makes 4 very large servings (entree size for vegetarian).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 377g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||30%|
|Total Fat 4.96g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.83g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.55g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.8g||43%|