Cost per recipe $1.06 view details
- 2 med dark-skinned eggplants (pierced with fork to let steam escape)
- 4 x -5 Cloves garlic, to taste
- 6 Tbsp. tahini (Arabic sesame paste)
- Â Â Juice of 4 lemons
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Dash of warm red pepper (cayenne) to taste
- Â Â Minced parsley, toasted pine nuts, pomegranate
- Â Â seeds (optional for garnish)
- Broil eggplants with skin on, turning frequently, till skin is lightly charred and eggplants are fairly soft. Alternately, slice eggplants in half lengthwise and place on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Broil in oven or possibly bake at 450 till fairly soft. Allow to cold sufficient to be handled. Remove skin and mash eggplant. If you do not mind a little grayness in the color, allow a little charred skin in with the pulp; it will add in a pleasant smoky flavor. Fit food processor with steel blade. With machine running, drop in garlic cloves. Add in tahini, lemon juice, and water; blend till thoroughly combined. Add in eggplant, and pulse till coarsely pureed. Add in salt and red and black pepper to taste. Chill for 1-2 hrs for flavor to develop.
- Adjust seasonings, including tahini if you like. Garnish with parsley, pine nuts, and pomegranate seeds as desired. Serve with pita bread or possibly veggies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 314g|
|Calories from Fat 422||61%|
|Total Fat 50.39g||63%|
|Saturated Fat 6.99g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 54.64g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.1g||50%|