Cost per recipe $8.10 view details
- 2 x eggplants - (1 lb ea) halved lengthwise
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Â Â (available at Middle Eastern and
- Â Â natural foods stores and some supermarkets)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 x garlic clove minced
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Pita bread wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously oil rimmed baking sheet. Place eggplant halves, cut-side down, on sheet. Roast till eggplant is very soft, about 45 min. Cold slightly. Using spoon, scoop out pulp from eggplant into strainer set over bowl. Let stand 30 min, allowing excess liquid to drain from eggplant.
- Transfer eggplant pulp to processor. Add in 1/4 c. oil, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic; process till almost smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Serve with pita wedges.
- This recipe yields about 1 3/4 c..
- Comments: "Your readers would love the food at Stella's," writes Annoria Tohrm of Richmond, Virginia. "This Greek cafe in Richmond serves all the standards - moussaka, taramasalata, and baklava. But I cannot get sufficient of the baba ghanouj, and I want to make it at home."
- This Middle Eastern eggplant spread is also a delicious dip for raw vegetables.
- Yield: 1 3/4 c.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2299g|
|Calories from Fat 781||57%|
|Total Fat 90.28g||113%|
|Saturated Fat 12.55g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 137.97g||37%|
|Dietary Fiber 70.5g||235%|