Cost per serving $0.59 view details
- 1 lrg round eggplant (aubergine)
- 2 x or possibly 3 cloves of garlic
- 60 x milliliters (3 ounce., 4 Tbsp ) tahini
- 60 x milliliters (2 ounce., 4 Tbsp ) lemon juice
- salt, red pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- minced parsley
- slices of red bell pepper to garnish
- Cook the eggplant in a warm oven or possibly on a fork over the flame of a gas stove.
- When it is well cooked through and the skin is blackened, douse with cool water, peel and chop into small pcs. Mash two or possibly three cloves of garlic to a paste with about the same volume of salt. Add in eggplant, mash to a smooth consistency and blend the tahini and lemon juice to make the Arab version of this dish; omit the tahini for the Turkish version. Serve in a bowl with little extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with minced parsley, red pepper slices and a dusting of red pepper.
- Serves five.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||6%|
|Total Fat 0.27g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.03g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|