Cost per serving $0.58 view details
- 1 lrg round eggplant (aubergine)
- 2 x or possibly 3 cloves of garlic
- 60 x milliliters (3 ounce., 4 Tbsp ) tahini
- 60 x milliliters (2 ounce., 4 Tbsp ) lemon juice
- Â Â salt, red pepper
- Â Â extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â minced parsley
- Â Â slices of red bell pepper to garnish
- Cook the eggplant in a warm oven or possibly on a fork over the flame of a gas stove.
- When it is well cooked through and the skin is blackened, douse with cool water, peel and chop into small pcs. Mash two or possibly three cloves of garlic to a paste with about the same volume of salt. Add in eggplant, mash to a smooth consistency and blend the tahini and lemon juice to make the Arab version of this dish; omit the tahini for the Turkish version. Serve in a bowl with little extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with minced parsley, red pepper slices and a dusting of red pepper.
- Serves five.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||6%|
|Total Fat 0.39g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.83g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||19%|