Cost per recipe $4.65 view details
- 2 med eggplants
- 2 x garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. sesame tahini
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, up to 4T
- 1/2 tsp grnd cumin
- 2 Tbsp. pure-pressed extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 1 dsh cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut eggplants in half lengthwise, puncturing skin in several places with a fork. Place, cut side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake till flesh is tender and skin is shriveled and blistered, about 25 to 35 min.
- Remove from heat and cold. Remove skin from eggplants and throw away. Drain pulp in a colander, pressing out as much of the liquid as possible. In a food processor, combine eggplant flesh, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and cayenne pepper till smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonings, adding more lemon juice if you like.
- Place in a serving bowl and surround with cut-up raw vegetables.
- Makes about 2 c.*Each 1/4 c. serving: 2 grams protein*trace carbohydrate
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1491g|
|Calories from Fat 228||36%|
|Total Fat 27.21g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 3.85g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 94.93g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 52.6g||175%|