Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 700 gm aubergines
- 1 clv garlic peeled and crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. roughly minced black olives hot pitta bread to serve
- Prick the skin of the aubergines with a fork.
- Place in a roasting tin on the fourth set of runners in the roasting oven. Cook for 30 to 40 min till very tender.
- Place the aubergines in a colander and slit lengthwise.
- Let the bitter juices drain out and leave till cold.
- Scoop out the aubergine flesh into a bowl discarding the skins.
- Add in the garlic salt lemon juice extra virgin olive oil and parsley.
- Beat with a fork till almost smooth then add in the minced olives.
- Serve with hot pitta bread.
- Baba Ganoush can be prepared ahead and kept covered in the refrigerator overnight. Baba Ganoush is a tasty mix of garlicky aubergine and olives that appears on almost every greek taverna menu. Serve it with hot pitta bread and a bowl of olives as a light starter.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 165g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 123||78%|
|Total Fat 13.78g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.91g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.01g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||16%|