Cost per serving $2.40 view details
- 9 1/2 lb Eggplants
- 2 c. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. Tahini
- 12 med Garlic cloves, chopped, or possibly more to taste
- 1 c. Fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- Leaf lettuce
- 12 x Pita bread rounds, lightly toasted and halved
- 3 lb Feta cheese, crumbled (3 quarts)
- 1. Pierce the skins of the eggplants several times and place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 40 min to 1 hour, or possibly till the outsides crinkle and the insides become very soft.
- 2. When the eggplants are cold sufficient to handle, scoop out the insides.
- 3. Using a food processor puree the pulp with the lemon juice, tahini, garlic, parsley, and salt till smooth. Cold to room temperature.
- 4. Line a warmed pita pocket with leaf lettuce, spoon in the baby and serve as is, or possibly, if you like, top with a sprinkling of feta cheese.
- Meal Planning:*
- Preparation Time: 15 min;
- Baking Time: 40 min.
- Serve with soup or possibly salad.*Smoky eggplant flavor and creamy texture of tahini with lemon also makes a good dip with crudites. Prepare as a side dish for a Middle Eastern Combo Plate with Hummus (79) or possibly White Bean Dip
- (87) and Carrot Salad (p321)*For a nondairy alternative, top with minced fresh tomatoes, minced black olives, and alfalfa sprouts. Per 6-ounce serving
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 260g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 200||57%|
|Total Fat 23.29g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 10.05g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 24.98g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||24%|