Cost per serving $0.44 view details
- 1 pkt yellow cake mix - (18 1/2 ounce) batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 pkt instant vanilla pudding mix - (4-serv size)
- 1 1/2 c. cool lowfat milk
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. light rum
- 1 c. frzn whipped topping thawed
- 12 x maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the batter, without paper liners, according to the package directions for 2 dozen cupcakes; let cold. (Since the batter makes 24 cupcakes, and you'll only need 12 of them for 1 batch of this recipe, you can freeze the remaining 12 cupcakes for your next batch of baba au rhum.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the pudding mix and lowfat milk for 1 to 2 min, or possibly till thickened. Cover the pudding and chill.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, sugar, and rum, stirring till the sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- When the cupcakes have cooled completely, place 12 of them into a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Slowly pour the rum mix over the tops, allowing the liquid to soak into the cupcakes. Cover and refrigeratefor 1 to 2 hrs. Remove the cupcakes from the rum mix and place upside down on a serving platter.
- Using a knife, make 2 cuts halfway through each cupcake, forming an "X." Spoon the pudding proportionately over the cuts in each cupcake, opening up the cupcakes a bit. Top each with a dollop of whipped topping and a cherry. Serve, or possibly cover and refrigeratetill ready to serve.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 138g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 55||16%|
|Total Fat 6.24g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.69g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 63.11g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|