Cost per serving $0.37 view details
- 1 1/2 lb hickory-smoked peppered bacon thick-sliced
- 24 x sun-dry tomatoes - (4 ounce)
- 1 c. homemade or possibly prepared mayonnaise
- Coarse salt
- Freshly-grnd black pepper
- 24 slc rye bread (1/4" thick)
- or possibly 48 slices party rye
- 2 c. mache (lamb's lettuce) or possibly
- other baby lettuce leaves
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees with the rack in the center.
- Arrange the bacon strips in a single layer without touching on 2 baking sheets and bake, one at a time, in the oven for 10 min. Drain, and let cold on paper towels. Crumble the bacon into small pcs, about 1/2-inch each. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 c. water in a small saucepan till almost boiling. Place the sun-dry tomatoes in a medium bowl, and cover with the very warm water. Allow the tomatoes to soak till they are soft, about 20 min.
- Drain, pat dry, and finely chop. Combine the tomatoes and the mayonnaise. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread each bread slice with the mayonnaise mix. Place bacon on half of the bread slices, sprinkle with pepper, add in a layer of mache, and top with the remaining bread. Slice each in half, and serve.
- For a buffet lunch or possibly an afternoon tea, serve tea sandwiches in "boxes" made from hollowed-out loaves of bread.
- Makes 2 dozen.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 44g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 78||50%|
|Total Fat 8.86g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.28g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.6g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|