Cost per serving $2.06 view details
- Â½ sweet onion â chopped
- 6 cloves garlic â crushed & chopped
- 1 bell pepper â chopped
- 10 oz. package frozen creamed spinach
- Handful cilantro â chopped
- Â½ cup ketchup
- 16 oz. container cottage cheese
- Â½ cup milk
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 lb. of you favorite macaroni
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Heat a large saucepot with a drizzle of olive oil and add the onion, garlic, bell pepper and cilantro and let sautÃ© until the onion is clear. Add the frozen creamed spinach and continue to sautÃ© until the spinach is thawed. Add the ketchup and stir, continuing to sautÃ© on low.
- In a food processor combine the cottage cheese, milk and 4 oz. of the shredded cheddar cheese. Process until the cottage is smooth.
- Prepare the macaroni as directed.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the saucepot with the sautÃ©ing spinach and toss add the processed cottage cheese mixture and toss. Turn off heat. Top with the remaining 4 oz. of cheddar cheese. Cover and let the cheddar cheese melt. This takes only a second or two.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 345g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 222||52%|
|Total Fat 25.26g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 14.53g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.42g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|