Cost per recipe $1.53 view details
- 1 x ripe avocado
- 1 x jalapeno, stemmed and quartered
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. diced onion
- This creamy green sauce is available at the salsa bar at each of the 300 El Pollo Loco outlets located throughout the western U.S., and folks are going crazy over it. The problem is, you can only get it at the restaurants in small quantities - time to put on our kitchen cloning hat. Use a food processor to mix this one up (everything but the cilantro and onion goes in there) and prepare for a delicious, spicy concoction which you can pour over your favorite homemade Mexican-style dishes, from tacos salads to fajitas. Pancho Ochoa opened his first roadside chicken stand in Guasave, Mexico in 1975, and now El Pollo Loco is the number one quick-service, flame-broiled chicken chain in America.
- 1. Combine avocado, jalapeno, water, vinegar and salt in a food processor.
- Puree the mix for several seconds on high speed, or possibly till jalapeno is finely chopped.
- 2. Pour mix into a medium bowl. Stir in cilantro and onion. Cover and refrigeratetill ready to serve.
- Makes 1 1/2 c.. ()
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 424g|
|Calories from Fat 180||78%|
|Total Fat 20.04g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2.91g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|