I got the idea off of a post I saw on pinterest, but other then a description there was no link to a avocado chicken salad recipe, so I tried and made one and it turned out REALLY GOOD. A nice alternative to a heavily mayo based chicken salad. The Avocado adds enough creaminess, you barely need the mayo at all.
View this recipe at my blog: www.3peppers-recipes.com
- 1lb Chicken
- 1 Large Avocado
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp light mayo
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped Cilantro
- 3 Green Onions
- Salt and Garlic Salt
- 1. Boil the chicken, let cool and pat dry. Then with a fork shred the chicken and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- 2. Quarter and scoop out avocado and chop into small cubes. Add Avocado, lime juice and light mayo to bowl with chicken and mix thoroughly, mushing a lot of the avocado to give it a creamy texture.
- 3. Add sliced green onions and cilantro and combine into mixture
- 4. Add salt and garlic salt to taste.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 502g|
|Calories from Fat 586||66%|
|Total Fat 65.1g||81%|
|Saturated Fat 15.98g||64%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.57g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.0g||27%|