Cost per serving $1.13 view details
- 1 c. Wehani rice
- 3 x Ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 c. Diced red onion
- 1 sm Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 c. Finely minced cilantro
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1/8 tsp Celery seed
- Â Â Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 x Ripe avocado
- Â Â Mixed baby greens
- Cook Wehani rice according to directions on package. Spread on baking sheet to cold.
- In large bowl, mix rice with tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. Add in extra virgin extra virgin olive oil, lime juice and celery seed. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, peel and slice avocado. Arrange slices over mixed baby greens.
- Spoon Wehani rice salad over avocados. Garnish with grilled vegetables, if you like.
- Notes: Hominy Grill on Rutledge Avenue, Charleston, SC. "Wehani rice and avocado salad. Wehani rice is a hybrid of brown rices developed at Lundberg Family Farms in California (www.lundberg.com). It's a light clay color and splits a little when cooked. 'Wehani rice is nutty and unhulled, kind of chewy, and it has some texture to it,' Stehling says. It's a nice pairing with the smooth, cold avocado." - AB
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 159g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 154||84%|
|Total Fat 17.42g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2.43g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|