Cost per recipe $11.14 view details
- 2 onions diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 8 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups of black beans (I used from dry but canned is fine)
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of veggie stock (any stock will do)
- 2 tsp chili powder (I used 1 tbsp but I have a fireproof tongue)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- juice of 1 lemon (or 2 tbsp vinegar)
- possible garnishesâ¦cilantro, sour cream, plain yogurt or cheese
- Begin by dicing onions, celery, carrots and green peppers.
- Add your veggies to a large stock pot. I use stock instead of oil to slowly sautÃ© the veggies until softened.
- Once veggies are soft (about 10 min), add the rest of the ingredients except lemon juice. Let this mixture gently simmer with the lid on for about 1 hour. After an hour, remove the lid and continue to simmer for another 45 minutes or until some of the liquid has reduced and the soup has thickened.
- Turn of the heat and remove about 2 to 2 1/2 cups of the soup and place into a food processor. Blend well and then return to the pot. Even easier if you have a hand-held mixer, then you can just blend about 1/2 of the soup. I like to have texture and still have some whole veggies and beans to chew on.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2730g|
|Calories from Fat 128||4%|
|Total Fat 15.31g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 3.75g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 577.65g||154%|
|Dietary Fiber 139.3g||464%|