Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1 Cup Homemade Apple Butter (Recipe Attached)
- 1 Cup Cooked Fresh Pumpkin, Drained In Colander & Cooled
- 1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Ginger
- 3 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Pkg. Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust or Your Homemade Recipe
- Preheat oven at 425°F
- In a large bowl, combine the apple butter, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ginger. Add eggs. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 425°F for 35-40 minutes or until set (cover edges loosely with foil if necessary to prevent over browning). Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped, pumpkin, ghost or apple cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score cutouts for detail patterns, if desired. I like to use mini cookie cutters for arranging around the edge of pie. Use egg wash or a filling to adhere the pieces. I'll use regular sized cutter for the center.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 130g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 100||33%|
|Total Fat 11.11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4.48g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.6g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|