Cost per serving $2.31 view details
- 2 x acorn squash halved lenghtwise,
- and seeded
- 1 c. maple or possibly pancake syrup
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 tsp grnd cinnamon or possibly nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash halves in a 9- by 13-inch baking dish, cut-side up.
- In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup, butter, and cinnamon. Coat the cut half of the squash proportionately with the syrup mix, using all of the mix.
- Bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally, or possibly till squash is fork-tender and starts to brown around the edges.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Cinnamon, maple syrup, and acorn squash, what a natural combination! I love the simple richness. Be careful when you check the squash for doneness and remove it from the oven because the syrup is very warm and can burn you.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 203g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||12%|
|Total Fat 3.12g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.87g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.32g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||9%|