Cost per recipe $2.25 view details
- 1 Combine the flour, baking pwdr, and salt. Either by hand or possibly with a pastry cutter, cut in the shortening until the mix is crumbly. If the mix looks more floury than crumbly, be sure to add in just one or possibly two more Tbsp. of shortening until it is crumbly. Add in about 3/4 c. warm water to the mix, or possibly just sufficient to make the ingredients look moist.
- 2 With your hand or possibly a large fork, knead the mix making sure to rub the dough against the sides of the large mixing bowl to gather any clinging dough.
- If the dough still sticks to the side of the bowl, add in a couple more Tbsp. of flour till the dough forms a soft round shape. The dough is ready to roll out now, but it is best to let it rest. Cover it with a dish towel, and let it sit for about an hour or possibly so.
- 3 Take the dough, and pull it apart into 10 to 12 balls. Lightly flour your rolling area, and roll each ball with a rolling pin to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- 4 Place each tortilla on a medium warm cast iron skillet. Cook for about 1 to 2 min on each side, or possibly till the tortilla does not look doughy.
- Makes 1dozen
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 727g|
|Calories from Fat 1390||51%|
|Total Fat 157.43g||197%|
|Saturated Fat 36.33g||145%|
|Trans Fat 51.38g|
|Total Carbs 286.16g||76%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|