Recipe of Calabria.
We are in southern Italy.
A recipe that my mother gave me and that I have taken over the tradition.
Calabria is known for its natural beauty, but also for the use of chili peppers, very spicy in the area.
This recipe is therefore a little spicy. Warning to those who do not like.
The recipe is simple.
- 320 grams of pasta such as "penne"
- 500 grams of cauliflower,
- 150 grams of cured bacon (bacon cured type)
- 100 grams of cherry tomatoes,
- 1 tablespoon salt to cook pasta,
- a little hot pepper,
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 100 grams of real cheese "pecorino" crumbs.
- Take a large frying pan and put the extra virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, chili pepper and the bacon cheese cut into small pieces.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into pieces and put it in a pan.
- We cook for another 10 minutes over low heat.
- We have the fire, a large pot with water, add a tablespoon of salt.
- As soon as the water boils, put the cauliflower cut into large pieces.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- In the same pan add the pasta and cook for minutes written on the packaging.
- We remove all the water and put the pasta and cauliflower pieces in the pan.
- Season well, using low heat and stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese, mix well and serve immediately in 4 hot dishes.
- We drink a good wine "Ciro", typical Calabrian wine.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 239g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 415||54%|
|Total Fat 46.73g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 13.93g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 63.99g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|