Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- 1 pound box of Mueller's elbow macaroni
- 1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound butter
- about 1 qt of lowfat milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain.
- Grease a 2 qt baking dish generously with butter. Spoon in a layer of cooked elbows. Place 1/2 pats of butter evenly spaced over the top of this layer. Salt the top of the layer, and then top with a layer of cheese.
- Starting with more macaroni, repeat layers several times, ending with a generous amount of cheese. Gently pour in lowfat milk just until it becomes barely visible below the final layer.
- Bake until golden on top, about one hour.
- You might want to place the dish on a cookie sheet to catch any overflow as it bakes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 138g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 252||78%|
|Total Fat 28.65g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 18.19g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.55g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|