Cost per recipe $6.49 view details
- 1 pound box of Mueller's elbow macaroni
- 1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound butter
- about 1 qt of lowfat milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain.
- Grease a 2 qt baking dish generously with butter. Spoon in a layer of cooked elbows. Place 1/2 pats of butter evenly spaced over the top of this layer. Salt the top of the layer, and then top with a layer of cheese.
- Starting with more macaroni, repeat layers several times, ending with a generous amount of cheese. Gently pour in lowfat milk just until it becomes barely visible below the final layer.
- Bake until golden on top, about one hour.
- You might want to place the dish on a cookie sheet to catch any overflow as it bakes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1656g|
|Calories from Fat 3022||78%|
|Total Fat 343.74g||430%|
|Saturated Fat 218.32g||873%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 54.64g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|