Comfort food supreme. Easy ham loaf for 12 servings. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed green beans topped with butter and sliced almonds. Add your favorite fruit cobbler topped with vanilla ice cream.
A dinner to enjoy with either good friends or family.
- Mixture for the ham loaves
- 2 1/2 lbs ground ham
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground pork
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 medium sized onions diced
- 1 regular sized can tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (or more to taste) horseradish
- Other ingredients for baking:
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- Beat the eggs and add the ground ham, pork, beef, green pepper, onions, horseradish, tomato soup and tomato juice and mix together.
- Form 2 loaves with the above mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the loaves in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over the ham loaves. Add mustard and vinegar to water and pour over the loaves.
- Baste several times. Cook at 350 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Serve with garlic flavored Yukon gold mashed potatoes
- Steamed French green beans with toasted almond slivers
- Wine: Malbec or Merlot
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 373g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 339||51%|
|Total Fat 37.63g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.95g|
|Total Carbs 35.75g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|