Cost per recipe $13.25 view details
- 4 lrg garlic cloves unpeeled
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar or possibly red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lrg Japanese aubergines cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 lrg yellow summer squash or possibly zucchini cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 x tomatoes thinly sliced
- 16 x fresh basil leaves minced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place unpeeled garlic cloves in small baking dish.
- Drizzle garlic with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat. Roast garlic till very tender, about 25 min. Cold. Peel garlic and mince. Transfer to small bowl. Fold in balsamic vinegar. Gradually fold in 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil.
- Set dressing aside.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange aubergine slices in single layer on broiler pan.
- Brush both sides with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil till beginning to brown, about 4 min per side. Arrange squash slices
- in single layer on broiler pan. Brush tops of squash with extra virgin olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil till tops begin to brown, about 4 min.
- Alternate aubergine and squash slices around edge of serving platter, overlapping slightly. Arrange tomato slices in center of platter.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad.
- (Salad can be prepared 2 hrs ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.) Sprinkle salad with minced fresh basil and serve.
- Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3539g|
|Calories from Fat 691||50%|
|Total Fat 78.51g||98%|
|Saturated Fat 11.07g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 171.38g||46%|
|Dietary Fiber 86.9g||290%|