Cost per serving $1.18 view details
- 1 lrg aubergine
- Â Â Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 ct part-skim ricotta - (15 ounce)
- 1/4 c. grated Romano cheese
- 1 x egg
- 1 c. stemmed basil leaves - (loosely packed)
- 1 jar spicy tomato sauce - (24 ounce)
- 6 x lasagna noodles uncooked
- 2 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- For the Aubergine: Peel and cut aubergine lengthwise into 3/8-inch-thick slices. Arrange aubergine slices in single layer on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Lightly spray tops with extra virgin olive oil spray, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil aubergine on high, 1 sheet at a time, about 5 to 8 inches from heat source, till soft and lightly browned, about 2 1/2 min. Use spatula to turn slices, and season with salt and pepper. Broil 2 1/2 min more. Repeat with other baking sheet. Set aside.
- For the Ricotta: Put ricotta, cheese, egg and basil in bowl of food processor and mix well, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- To Assemble: Coat 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 c. sauce in dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, slightly overlapping. Spread 1/2 ricotta mix over noodles. Top with 4 aubergine slices. Sprinkle aubergine with 1 c. mozzarella. Repeat layering. Finish with remaining sauce and grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight. Let come to room temperature before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees till bubbling and lightly browned, about 55 min. Let rest 10 min. Cut into 6 squares. Serve warm or possibly at room temperature.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: These lasagna noodles are not precooked. The assembly must be done a day ahead so which the noodles soften before they are baked. De Cecco lasagna noodles work well as they are quite thin. But if you want to serve the lasagna shortly after its assembly, cook the noodles according to the directions on the package. Be sure to buy a very flavorful tomato sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 141g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 33||35%|
|Total Fat 3.77g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.15g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|