Cost per serving $2.53 view details
- 2 Tbsp. (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. Vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 lb Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 c. Dry wine
- 6 c. Chicken stock or possibly canned
- Low-salt broth
- 12 x 1/2-inch thick French Bread
- Baguette slices, toasted
- 1 c. Gruye're Cheese (about 4 ounce)
- Heat butter with oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add in onions, cover and cook till lightly colored, stirring occasionally, about 45 min.
- Add in wine and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Cook 5 min.
- Add in browned bits. Cook 5 min. Add in stock and bring to simmer. Simmer uncovered 1-1/2 hrs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Preheat broiler. Ladle soup into boilerproof bowls. Top with slices of toasted French bread. Sprinkle with grated Gruyere cheese. Broil till cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 727g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 121||40%|
|Total Fat 13.75g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3.45g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 25.39g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|