Cost per serving $3.72 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x onions sliced
- 3 lb waxy potatoes peeled, and
- Â Â thinly sliced
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 3 c. grated Gruyere or possibly sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 x tart apples, such as Granny Smith peeled, cored,
- Â Â and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb warm-smoked salmon diced
- 1 bot ale - (12 ounce)
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley for garnish
- Seafood Alternatives: smoked troutHeat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet, add in the onions and saute/fry till tender and lightly colored, 8 to 10 min; set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Arrange one-third of the sliced potatoes in the dish and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Add in one-third of the cheese, one-third of the onions, half of the apples and half of the salmon.
- Repeat with another third of the potatoes, salt and pepper, followed by the remaining salmon and apples and another third of the cheese and onions. Finish with the remaining potatoes and sprinkle with the last of the cheese and onions.
- Pour in the ale and water along the edges of the pan and bake for 1 hour, till bubbly, brown and tender.
- Sprinkle with the minced parsley. Let stand a few min, cut and serve hot.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: This is a tasty variation of the classic scalloped potatoes often prepared with ham. The apples and ale add in a nice tang and keep the dish from being too rich.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 363g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 173||43%|
|Total Fat 19.72g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 36.8g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|