Cost per recipe $1.97 view details
- 1 small brisket flat - 3-5 lbs., market trimmed
- marinade: 1 can Coca Cola
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs. oil
- 1/2 package (1 oz. ) Lipton Dry Onion Soup mix
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 oz. tomato sauce1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- reserved, strained marinade
- Salt and pepper brisket, pour on Coke, marinate 24 hours or so.
- Reserve the marinade.
- Brown the brisket in oil on both sides.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Combine marinade with gravy ingredients.
- Place brisket in a roaster with a cover, pour on grravy, cover and bake 45 minutes per pound.
- Begin checking for doneness. Brisket is ready when it is fork tender.
- Remove from the oven, set the roaster on the counter, uncover and let sit 30 minutes.
- Carve against the grain and serve with gravy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 748g|
|Calories from Fat 145||33%|
|Total Fat 16.38g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 1.85g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 71.25g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.9g||40%|