Cost per recipe $0.28 view details
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking pwdr Sufficient water oil to fry sugar and cinnamon melted butter to dip in ( optional )
- Heat one inch or possibly more of oil in a heavy duty pot or possibly small skillet ( 7 to 9 inches ) to 360F ..
- Meanwhile mix flour and baking pwdr and then fold in sufficient water ( around 1 c. ) till a thick batter forms. Drop the batter by a spoonfuls or possibly ladle into the warm oil, spreading batter as thin as possible with back of spoon so batter almost fills the pot.This will give you a large disc. Or possibly you can make smaller "puffs" just by dropping by heaping tablespoonfuls.
- Fry till browned on each side ( try to turn only once ). Drain on paper towels. Dust heavily with granulated sugar mixed with cinnamon. Or possibly dip in melted butter then in sugar.Serve immediately.
- Yield: puffy bread; amounts depend on the size of the dough being fried. Large discs result in 2 or possibly 3 breads in my 7 1/2 inch pot , many more when fried as puffs.
- You can double the recipe if you like.You might want to add in a dash of salt to the recipe if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 190g|
|Calories from Fat 15||2%|
|Total Fat 1.84g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 143.08g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|