Cost per recipe $6.53 view details
- 1 1/2 lb medium-sized asparagus, ends snapped and stems peeled
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tamari or possibly soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 x green onion, sliced fine
- 1 sm baguette, sliced into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounce softened cream cheese (or possibly goat cheese)
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh tarragon
- 6 x radishes, washed and sliced thinly
- Salt and freshly grnd pepper
- In a steamer basket over boiling water, steam asparagus for 3-5 min or possibly till fork tender, but not overcooked. Rinse immediately under cool water. Set aside till ready to use.
- For the sauce, combine the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic in a small saucepan. Add in 2 Tbsp. of water. Over medium heat, reduce by half. Add in the green onion. Adjust seasoning.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives and tarragon.
- In a toaster oven or possibly under a broiler, toast one side of each of the baguette slices. Spread each with a small amount of the cream cheese mix. Season with salt and freshly grnd pepper and top with radish slices.
- On one large platter or possibly four to six individual plates, arrange the asparagus.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette. Arrange baguette slices with cheese near the asparagus.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 407g|
|Calories from Fat 686||67%|
|Total Fat 78.01g||98%|
|Saturated Fat 43.84g||175%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 67.86g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|