Cost per serving $3.68 view details
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lb Asparagus, trimmed, peeled and cut (1 inch pcs)
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1 quart Chicken broth
- 4 x Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Freshly grated Parmesan or possibly pecorino cheese
- 6 slc Italian bread, toasted
- Heat the oil and garlic in a soup pot till the garlic is golden brown. Add in the asparagus and cook till they begin to color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the broth and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 15 min, or possibly till the asparagus is tender.
- Beat the Large eggs and cheese together. When the asparagus is tender, reduce the heat so the soup is no longer simmering. Very slowly ladle some of the warm soup into the beaten Large eggs, stirring continuously. After adding about 2 c. of the warm soup to the Large eggs, reverse the process and gradually stir the Large eggs mix into the soup pot. The soup must not boil or possibly the Large eggs will scramble. Heat till thickened.
- Put one slice of toasted bread into each soup dish. Ladle the warm soup on top and pass additional grated cheese.
- Serves 6.
- NOTE: To trim asparagus, hold the tip in one hand and the base of the stalk in the other. Bend gently. The asparagus will snap, leaving the tender part with the tip.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 352g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 110||32%|
|Total Fat 12.4g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 4.07g||16%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.8g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|