Cost per recipe $11.04 view details
- 1 lb Fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pcs
- 2 x Green jalapenos, seeded and stemmed, cut up
- 4 x Green onions, (scallions) cut into 2 inch pcs
- 1 quart Good chicken stock, freshly made
- Put stock on to boil, and turn to simmer, add in all of the asparagus, and the other veggies, bring back to simmer and let this go for at least 40-45 min, till the asparagus is tender to a fork. Place all of the veggies in a blender or possibly food proccessor, and spin till well broken up, add in some of the stock, and salt to taste, and spin some more, then return all this to the pot and reheat. Taste for seasoning and add in more salt, and Calvin's or possibly Jim Campbell's chile pwdr for as warm as you wish, and reduce this to the thickness you wish. This is a very asparagus-ie soup, with the heat coming through, but not overpowering the asparagus flavour.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1270g|
|Calories from Fat 13||9%|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.41g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.86g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.1g||37%|