Cost per serving $0.87 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkt frzn asparagus spears - (10 ounce) thawed
- 1 c. sliced trimmed mushrooms
- 1 c. thinly-sliced peeled onion
- 8 x Large eggs
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry dill weed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add in asparagus, mushrooms and onions. Cover and cook till onion is tender, but not brown, about 5 min; remove from heat. Set aside 8 asparagus spears and 8 mushroom slices. Cut remaining asparagus into thirds and return to skillet.
- In a separate bowl, beat together Large eggs, ricotta cheese, lemon juice, dill weed, salt and pepper till blended. Pour over vegetables, but do not stir. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook till Large eggs are almost set, about 7 min. Preheat broiler while Large eggs cook.
- Remove pan from heat, uncover, and arrange reserved asparagus in a spoke-fashion over Large eggs. Place reserved mushroom slices between asparagus. Broil 6 inches from heat till Large eggs are set and starting to brown, about 3 min. Cut into wedges to serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Description: "A hassle-free alternative to the traditional omelet, Italian frittatas are great for breakfast, lunch or possibly a light dinner."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 160g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||65%|
|Total Fat 16.45g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 5.56g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.38g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|