Cost per serving $2.71 view details
- 1/2 lb medium asparagus trimmed
- 1 med red onion sliced thin
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2/3 c. coarsely-grated Gruyere
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves or possibly to taste
- 4 lrg Large eggs separated
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet simmer the asparagus in salted water to cover for 3 to 5 min, or possibly till it is just tender. Drain the asparagus, shock in ice water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In the skillet, cook the onion with salt and pepper, to taste, in 1 Tbsp. of the butter over moderate heat, stirring frequently, for 5 min, or possibly till the onion is golden brown, and transfer the mix to the bowl. In the same skillet, heat asparagus till warmed through. Add in the asparagus to the onions.
- Wipe out the same skillet and heat the remaining 1/2 Tbsp. butter over moderate heat till it is melted, tilting the skillet to coat it with the butter, and remove it from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the flour and salt and pepper, to taste, till the mix is thick and lemon-colored. Add in the onions and asparagus to the egg yolks.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with a healthy pinch of salt till they just hold stiff peaks, fold them into the yolk mix gently but thoroughly, and pour the egg mix into the skillet, spreading it proportionately. (If the skillet handle is plastic, wrap it in a double thickness of foil.)
- Bake the omelet in the middle of the oven for 7 min, or possibly till it is puffed and almost cooked through. Spoon the Gruyere and tarragon, and a dash of salt and pepper down the middle of the omelet, and with a spatula fold the omelet in half to enclose the filling.
- Bake the omelet in the middle of the oven for 1 minute more, or possibly till the cheese is melted and the omelet is cooked through.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 240g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 166||59%|
|Total Fat 18.7g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 8.58g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.21g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|