Cost per serving $3.19 view details
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed (454 g)
- 12 slc day-old egg bread, 1/2-inch slices
- 2Â 3/4 c. lowfat milk (675 ml)
- 8 x Large eggs
- Â Â coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Â Â butter, for baking dish
- 1Â 1/2 c. shredded Provolone cheese (375 ml)
- Â Â Minced fresh herbs, to taste (rosemary, thyme, chives or possibly tarragon)
- 1/4 c. grated Parmigiano Reggiano (60 ml)
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pcs on the diagonal. Steam asparagus for 2 to 3 min or possibly till slightly tender. Refrigerateunder cool running water. Drain well.
- Whisk together lowfat milk, Large eggs, salt and pepper till well blended.
- Butter a 12 1/2 x 8 x 4-inch oval casserole dish (or possibly 12-c. baking dish). Layer 4 slices of bread in dish, overlapping as necessary. Top with one-third each of asparagus, Provolone and herbs. Repeat layering.
- Pour egg mix over top. Cover and chill for at least 2 hrs or possibly for up to 1 day to let egg mix soak into bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Sprinkle pudding with Parmesan cheese. Bake on middle rack for about 60 min or possibly till centre is set and top is golden brown.
- This savoury bread pudding is a great easy make ahead recipe for any brunch or possibly get together.
- This recipe will serve 6 to 8 people.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 371g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 465||60%|
|Total Fat 52.66g||66%|
|Saturated Fat 29.56g||118%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.72g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|