Cost per serving $1.62 view details
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med red onion, minced
- 1 lrg red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 8 ounce white button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 ounce cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1Â 1/2 c. arborio rice
- 4 c. vegetable stock, simmering
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. dry parsley, or possibly 3 tbsp. fresh
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10 x asparagus spears, trim & cut in 1" pc.
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese, or possibly more
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in rice, 2 c. stock, wine, parsley, salt and white pepper; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Lower heat and cook over low heat, uncovered, about 10 min, stirring frequently.
- Stir in remaining stock and asparagus. Cook, continuing to stir, till rice is tender, about 10-12 min.
- Remove from heat; mix in cheese if using. Serve if you like, with hot italian bread.
- Makes 6 servings, 3 grams of fat per 1 c. serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 294g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 34||13%|
|Total Fat 3.87g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.13g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.87g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|