Cost per recipe $19.18 view details
- Â Â a 4-lb. pineapple
- 1/2 c. julienne red bell pepper
- 3 x scallions sliced thin
- 2 tsp chopped fresh jalapeñ,o pepper including the seeds (wearrubber gloves), or possibly to taste
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1Â 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb small shrimp (about 50), shelled and deveined
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 5 c. cooked rice
- 1/4 c. finely minced fresh coriander
- Halve the pineapple lengthwise, cut out the flesh, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shells, and reserve the shells. Throw away the core and cut sufficient of the pineapple into 1/2-inch pcs to measure 1 1/2 c., reserving the remaining pineapple for another use. In a bowl combine the pineapple pcs, the bell pepper, the scallions, and the jalapeÃ±o pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, the sugar, the anchovy paste, the turmeric, and 1 Tbsp. water.
- In a wok or possibly heavy skillet heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil over moderately high heat till it is warm but not smoking, in it stir-fry the shrimp for 1
- 1/2 min, or possibly till they are just hard, and transfer them to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil over moderately high heat till it is warm but not smoking and in the oil stir-fry the garlic for 5 seconds, or possibly till it is golden brown. Add in the rice and stir-fry the mix for 30 seconds,
- or possibly till the rice is warm. Add in the soy mix and stir-fry the mix for 1 minute. Add in the pineapple mix and the shrimp, stir-fry the mix for 1 minute, or possibly till it is warm, and stir in the coriander.
- Serve the fried rice in the reserved pineapple shells if you like. (There will be extra fried rice.)
- Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2357g|
|Calories from Fat 372||16%|
|Total Fat 42.33g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 4.51g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 376.49g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 27.4g||91%|