Cost per serving $1.93 view details
- If you'd like to serve a sauce alongside, strain 1/4 c. of the cooled
- pickling liquid, and whisk it with 1 c. of mayonnaise. For ease, the shrimp are
- left unpeeled, if you peel them before cooking, leave the tails on.
- 2 1/4 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh lemongrass*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. pickling spice
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, unpeeled, rinsed
- 1/2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 4 sm green onions, minced (about 1/2 c.)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped pickled ginger,* 2 Tbsp. ginger brine reserved
- Place first 6 ingredients in medium pot. Add in shrimp. Cover; bring to boil.
- Uncover and boil till shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 min. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 c. minced cilantro, green onions, pickled ginger, and ginger brine. Cold 1 hour. Refrigerateuncovered till cool, then cover and refrigerateat least 4 hrs and up to 1 day.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to medium bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. cilantro.
- Serves 8
- *Available at Asian markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 18||14%|
|Total Fat 2.04g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.71g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|