Cost per serving $0.34 view details
- 12 x yellow or possibly white corn taco shells
- Or possibly 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 x clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp tamari or possibly soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 lrg eggplant, (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- cut in 1/4" horizontal slices
- (see note on salting eggplant)
- Vegetable oil for brushing eggplant
- 1 c. plain low-fat yogurt or possibly soy yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. If using taco shells, separate and place on baking sheet. If using tortillas, wrap in foil. Bake taco shells or possibly tortillas about 10 min or possibly till heated through. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together garlic, tamari or possibly soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Preheat stove-top grill or possibly griddle according to manufacturer's directions.
- Brush eggplant lightly with oil and place, oiled side down, on grill. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 min. Brush tops with more oil, turn slices, and cook till eggplant is golden brown and flesh is tender, about 5 min. Transfer eggplant to a platter and brush with garlic sauce, then cut each slice into three.
- To assemble, in each taco shell or possibly tortilla place 2 to 3 pcs eggplant.
- Garnish with dollop of yogurt and sprinkling of sesame seeds. Wrap tortilla around filling ingredients.
- Makes 12 wraps.
- Note: Older, large eggplants might need to be salted and rinsed before cooking to remove bitterness and excess moisture. To salt eggplant, slice eggplant and salt both sides of slices. Lay slices on baking sheet lined with paper towels. Let slices sit 20 to 30 min, then rinse and pat dry. Younger, smaller eggplants usually don't require salting.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 75g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 56||43%|
|Total Fat 6.26g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.92g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|