Cost per serving $2.47 view details
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 x boneless, skinless chicken breast piece
- 1 c. oil, peanut preferred, for frying
- 4 c. coarsely shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 bn Chinese broccoli, coarsely shredded to yield 3 c.
- 3Â 1/2 ounce wonton wrappers, finely shredded
- 1 med carrot, peeled and sliced into thin coins to yield 3/4 c.
- 1 piece of ginger, 1 oz, peeled and finely sliced into discs to yield 1/4
- Â Â c.
- 2 x cloves garlic, peeled, halved lengthwise, green sprout removed and finely
- Â Â sliced crosswise to yield 1 1/2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 c. coarsely minced coriander leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1Â 1/2 c. chili mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- Bring 1 qt water to a boil in a saucepan. Add in soy sauce and chicken breast. Adjust heat to a simmer and poach breast till cooked through, about 10 min. Drain. When breast is cold sufficient to handle, shred meat by hand. Heat oil in a wok. Fry separately till crisp, then drain and place on paper towels the cabbage (in 2 batches), broccoli (in 2 batches), wontons, carrot, ginger and garlic (cook carrots 2 min, add in ginger, cook 1 minute, add in garlic and cook till golden brown). Combine in a bowl and season to taste with salt and sugar.
- Add in shredded chicken to fried ingredients, toss and portion onto plates.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with chili mayonnaise on the side. Three or possibly four servings.
- Note: To prepare chili mayonnaise, add in the following to 1/2 c. of prepared mayonnaise: 3/4 tsp. chili oil; 1 tsp. each chopped ginger, chopped garlic and soy sauce; 2 tsp. rice vinegar. Stir well.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 335g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 692||79%|
|Total Fat 78.5g||98%|
|Saturated Fat 5.83g||23%|
|Trans Fat 1.88g|
|Total Carbs 41.15g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.7g||42%|