Cost per serving $2.65 view details
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallot
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x hard ripe Anjou pear
- 2 c. chilled baby arugula - (packed)
- 2 c. chilled spinach leaves - (packed)
- 2/3 c. crumbled Gorgonzola
- Place the honey, lemon juice, shallot, oil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste in a small dish. Stir well. (This can be made several hrs ahead and kept at room temperature.)
- To serve, split pear in half lengthwise, core and cut into long thin slices. Toss the pear slices in 1 Tbsp. of the vinaigrette; set aside.
- Place the arugula and spinach in a large bowl. Add in the remaining vinaigrette to the bowl. Gently toss till the leaves are coated. Add in all but 2 Tbsp. of the cheese. Toss to mix. Taste; adjust the seasoning.
- Divide the salad among 4 chilled plates; mound attractively. Arrange the pear slices on the greens and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 73g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 177||74%|
|Total Fat 20.05g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 6.08g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.83g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|