Cost per recipe $6.10 view details
- 2 med Sized artichokes or possibly 4 small
- 1/2 x Lemon for preparing artichokes
- 1 ounce Pancetta, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil preferably extra Virgin
- 1 x Onion, finely minced Salt & freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 1 lrg leek, thoroughly claned and sliced thinly
- 3/4 lb Pizza Dough Semolina or possibly cornmeal for dusting
- 2 ounce Mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (2/3 c.)
- 3 Tbsp. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a pizza stone, baking tiles or possibly an inverted baking sheet on the lowest rack of a cool oven; preheat for 30 min to 500 degrees F or possibly the highest setting.
- For each of the artichokes, peel away and throw away the tough outer leaves, snapping them off at the base, till you reach the pale yellow leaves with the darker green tops. Slice off the darkest green top and rub the artichoke with the cut side of the lemon half.
- With a paring knife, trim the artichoke where you snapped off the leaves, removing any green portions. Rub with lemon. Trim the bottom 1/4 inch off the stem and pare away the tough outer skin. With a melon baller or possibly paring knife, remove the fuzzy choke from the center of the artichoke. Cut the heart into quarters, then cut each quarter into 4 pcs. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl of water and place the artichoke pcs into the acidulated water to keep them from turning brown.
- Heat a skillet over the medium heat, add in pacetta and cook, stirring till golden brown about 4 min. Drain the pancetta on paper towels. Pour off fat from the skillet. Add in 1 1/2 teaspoon of the extra virgin olive oil and onions to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, till the onions are soft but not brown, about 3 min. Add in the liquid removed artichoke pcs and stir to mix well. Add in pepper and 2/3 c. water. Cover and cook over low heat till the artichoke pcs are tender and most of the liquid has cooked away, about 15 min. Add in leeks and stir to mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt if you like. Let cold completely.
- Here we go with the dough again...Place dough on a lightly floured surface and pat into a disk. Use a rolling pin or possibly your hands to roll or possibly stretch the dough into a circle which is 1/4 inch thick and 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Transfer to a semolina or possibly cornmeal dusted pizza peel or possibly inverted baking sheet. Brush the dough with a little of the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Distribute the artichoke mix over the dough. Sprinkle the cheeses over the artichoke mix. Drizzle with the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Carefully slide the pizza onto the heated pizza stone and bake for 6 to 8 min, or possibly till the bottom is crisp and browned and the top is bubbling.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 653g|
|Calories from Fat 213||13%|
|Total Fat 24.19g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 10.16g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 295.04g||79%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.0g||80%|