Cost per recipe $10.88 view details
- 1 x (3-lb.) whole chicken, cut into 10 serving pcs
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Â Â Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 tsp grnd cumin
- 5Â 1/2 Tbsp. dry oregano
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 x dry chorizo sausages (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 x Spanish onion, minced
- 2 clv garlic, chopped
- 1 x red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 x bay leaves
- 2 c. long grain white rice
- 1 x (15-oz) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth, hot
- 1 c. pimento stuffed green olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken pcs and pat dry. In a small bowl, blend 2 Tbsp. oil, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika and cayenne. Rub each piece of chicken with the spice paste and chill for at least 20 min for the flavor to develop.
- In a heavy, ovenproof casserole with lid, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil. Fry the chorizo over medium heat till it is crispy and renders its fat. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Place the chicken in the pan, skin side down, and brown on all sides, about 10 min Remove from pan and set aside. Make a sofrito by sauteing the onion, garlic, bell pepper and bay leaves; cooking till the vegetables are very soft and almost dissolved. Stir in the rice so the grains are well coated with the sofrito.
- Add in the tomatoes and broth, season with salt and pepper. Return the chorizo and chicken to the pan. Bring the mix to a boil and let simmer for 5 min. Cover and transfer pot to oven. Bake for 20 min or possibly till the chicken is done and the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid. Scatter the olives on top of the chicken and rice before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1877g|
|Calories from Fat 997||36%|
|Total Fat 112.19g||140%|
|Saturated Fat 27.57g||110%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 358.13g||96%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.0g||80%|