Cost per serving $5.58 view details
- 2 x Chicken breasts without skin
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1/2 med Onion, diced
- 1 med Bell pepper, diced
- 3 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. Long-grain rice, rinsed and liquid removed
- 1 c. Low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Saffron threads
- 1/4 c. Dry sherry
- 4 x Plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c. Frzn peas
- 8 x Green olives, pitted, halved
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 loaf french bread loaf
- Preheat oven to 350. Heat 1/2 Tablespoons oil n a nonstick skillet. Cut chicken into small pcs and borwn on all sides, about 2 min per side. Remove chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in remaining 1/2 Tablespoons oil to pan and saute/fry onions, without browning, 5 mnutes. Add in bell pepper and garlic and saute/fry 5 min more.
- Place rice in a strainer and rinse under cool water. Drain well and add in to skillet. Saute/fry 1 minute. Add in chicken stock and saffron. Bring to the simmer and add in sherry and tomatoes. Cover and simmer 5 min.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer, covered, 15 min more.
- Add in peas and olives and cook 2 min. Taste for seasoning and add in more salt and pepper if needed.
- Prpeare bread: Add in garlic to 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and brush on top of bread.
- Place in 350 oven to hot through, about 5 to 7 min.
- Serving Ideas : Tossed Green Salad and hot French bread
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 730g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 234||36%|
|Total Fat 26.28g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 3.85g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 76.77g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.9g||33%|