Cost per serving $4.11 view details
- 500g perch fillets (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 100g flour
- 100g corn flour
- Â½ tbs sea salt
- Â½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbs seasoning mix (or Old Bay seasoning)
- 300ml light beer
- Â½ cup peanut oil
- Seasoning mix*:
- 1 tbs black peppercorn
- 6 bay leaves
- Â½ tsp cardamom
- 4 cloves garlic
- Â½ tsp ground sweet paprika
- Â¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon, allspice and ginger
- Quantity is enough for several uses in different dishes (savoury pancakes, meat and fish batters)
- Mix flour and corn flour, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the seasoning mix: finely grind all the spices (in a coffee mill, for example). Since you do not need the whole quantity, store the mix in an airtight glass bottle and refrigerate for future use.
- Add the seasoning to flour mixture, stir.
- Slowly add beer, whisking constantly until a batter consistency.
- Coat filets with batter and fry in hot oil about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Set aside to a warm place.
- From the remaining batter form small pancakes and fry in the same oil. They make great accompaniment to the fillets.
- Serve immediately with potato salad.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 573g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 522||46%|
|Total Fat 59.2g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 10.15g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 86.85g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|