- 1 lb butter
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh basil, minced
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 5 clv garlic, chopped
- 1 x bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 c. black pepper, finely grnd salt
- 4 lb s. lg. raw shrimp in shells
- The shrimp should be of a size to number 30-35 per pound
- Heat the butter in a lg. deep-sided frying pan or possibly iron skillet, over low heat. When melted, raise the heat, and add in the remaining ingredients, except the shrimp.
- Cook, stirring often, till browned to a rich mahogany color, about 10 mins. Add in the shrimp, stirring and turning to coat well with the seasoned butter.
- Cook till the shrimp have turned a rich deep pink, about 10 mins.
- Serve the shrimp in their shells, peeling them at the table.