Cost per recipe $11.68 view details
- 1/4 lb Ea dry Beans: kidney, white, pink, Black, red, pinto, cranberry
- Â Â & navy
- 1 lb Bacon 1 lg Onion, peeled and minced Salt to taste
- 2/3 c. Chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. Coriander seeds grnd and toasted
- 1/4 c. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Grnd dry Poblano chili peppers
- 1/4 c. Paprika
- 1/4 c. Cayenne pepper or possibly to Taste
- 12 ounce Beer
- 1 x #10 can Italian plum tomatoes with juice
- In a large pot, soak beans overnight in water to cover. Drain; add in fresh water tocover. Cook, simmering 1 1/2 hrs or possibly till beans are just tender. While beans are simmering, heat large skillet. Mince bacon and cook till it begins to crisp. Add in onions & garlic; cook over medium heat 5 min. Add in all spices & grnd Poblanos; cook another 5 min. Add in tomatoes with juice, and beer. Simmer 1/2 hr. In another pan, cook beef till the pink color disappears.
- Drain; add in to tomato mix. When beans are fully cooked, drain, reserving liquid.
- Add in beans to meat and tomato mix. Salt to taste; let mix simmer about 1 hr. If it is too dry, add in some bean liquid.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1086g|
|Calories from Fat 2145||68%|
|Total Fat 240.38g||300%|
|Saturated Fat 73.19g||293%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 141.79g||38%|
|Dietary Fiber 51.9g||173%|