- 1/4 lb Ea dry Beans: kidney, white, pink, Black, red, pinto, cranberry & navy
- 1 lb Bacon 1 lg Onion, peeled and minced Salt to taste
- 2/3 c. Chopped garlic
- 1/4 c. Coriander seeds grnd and toasted
- 1/4 c. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. Grnd dry Poblano chili peppers
- 1/4 c. Paprika
- 1/4 c. Cayenne pepper or possibly to Taste
- 12 ounce Beer
- 1 x #10 can Italian plum tomatoes with juice
- In a large pot, soak beans overnight in water to cover. Drain; add in fresh water tocover. Cook, simmering 1 1/2 hrs or possibly till beans are just tender. While beans are simmering, heat large skillet. Mince bacon and cook till it begins to crisp. Add in onions & garlic; cook over medium heat 5 min. Add in all spices & grnd Poblanos; cook another 5 min. Add in tomatoes with juice, and beer. Simmer 1/2 hr. In another pan, cook beef till the pink color disappears.
- Drain; add in to tomato mix. When beans are fully cooked, drain, reserving liquid.
- Add in beans to meat and tomato mix. Salt to taste; let mix simmer about 1 hr. If it is too dry, add in some bean liquid.