Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 2 c. Quaker oats (quick or possibly old fashioned), uncooked)
- 2 c. Grnd almonds or possibly pecans, divided
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt, (optional)
- 1 1/2 c. , (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. Plus 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- 4 x Egg yolks or possibly 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 1 jar , (18-ounce) apricot preserves
- 1 c. Finely minced dry apricots
- 2 Tbsp. Orange-flavored liqueur, (optional)
- 1.Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2.In medium bowl, combine oats, 1-1/2 c. grnd almonds, flour and salt; mix well. Set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar till creamy. Add in egg yolks, vanilla and almond extract; beat well.
- Stir in oat mix; mix well. Reserve 1-1/3 c.; put in small bowl and set aside. Spread remaining oat mix into prepared pan.
- 3.Bake 13 to 15 min or possibly till light golden. Cold 10 min on wire rack.
- 4.In small bowl, combine preserves, apricots and liqueur; mix well. Spread proportionately over partially baked crust. Add in remaining 1/2 c. grnd almonds to reserved oat mix; mix well. Drop by 1/4 teaspoonfuls proportionately over apricot mix.
- 5.Bake 30 to 35 min or possibly till light golden. Cold completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle proportionately with remaining 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
- Cook's Tips:Packaged grnd almonds and pecans are available in the baking section of many grocery stores. Almonds and pecans can be grnd in a food processor.
- Place steel blade in work bowl; add in up to 1 c. nuts. Process till very finely minced. (Don't over process)
- Notes: 8th Annual Quaker Oatmeal "Bake It Better With Oats" Recipe Contest First Prize Winner - Cookies Jaye Allison Norris Jupiter, Florida
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 66g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 53||24%|
|Total Fat 6.12g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.96g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|