Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 1 c. Quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. Packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 c. Vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. Apple or possibly cranberry juice
- 10 ounce Apricot preserves Preferably all-fruit
- "These pretty streusel-topped bars are quick to make and easy to transport. Made with unsweetened apricot preserves, they are a good source of potassium and beta carotene." Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil an 8 by 12-inch baking dish or possibly coat it with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, work together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda with your fingertips till no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- Drizzle oil and fruit juice over the oats and fold in with your fingertips till proportionately moistened and crumbly. Set aside 1/2 c. for the topping; press the remainder proportionately in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread apricot preserves over the top. Sprinkle with the reserved oat topping.
- Bake for 30 to 40 min, or possibly till golden brown. Let cold in the baking dish on a rack. Cut into 15 bars. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Makes 15 bars.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 36g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||30%|
|Total Fat 5.09g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.43g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 24.88g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|