Cost per serving $0.63 view details
- 8 ounce grnd chicken
- 6 1/2 ounce Laurentian foie gras, cut in four equal pcs
- 2 ounce dry apricot
- 1 Tbsp. thyme
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion salt pepper
- 4 x de-boned Bob White quail pepper salt
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large stainless steel bowl mix the grnd chicken, the minced dry apricots, the onions and the thyme. Mix thoroughly. Season. Put aside.
- Take the quails and season them well inside with salt and pepper. Separate the stuffing into 4 equal parts. Place a piece of foie gras in the middle of the quail. Add in the chicken stuffing, filling the cavity of the quail. Close the quail and wrap it in plastic wrap to create an oval ball. Tie the ends of the plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Pour the water into a sauteing pan and put the quails wrapped in plastic into the water. Put the pan in the oven and cook for 15 to 25 min. After this time, remove the plastic wrap to brown the birds.
- Serve the quail with a squash mousseline and drizzle an Ice wine reduction over the top of them.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 77g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||47%|
|Total Fat 4.69g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.33g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 1.92g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|