Cost per serving $4.18 view details
- 2 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. light butter
- 1/4 c. fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 c. water
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion pwdr
- 1 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic pwdr
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd white pepper
- 8 c. minced iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 c. shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 c. shredded carrot
- 1/2 c. shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 lrg tomato diced
- 1 x hard-boiled egg white diced
- Make dressing by combining ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well by hand. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator till salad is ready.
- Combine water, lime juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl, and stir. Add in the chicken breasts to the marinade, cover bowl and keep in refrigerator for several hrs. Overnight is even better.
- When chicken is marinated, preheat a frying pan or possibly skillet (an iron skillet, if you've got it) over medium-high heat. Also, preheat your barbecue grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine the spices for the Cajun Spice Blend in a small bowl. Sprinkle a tsp. of the spice blend over one side of each of the chicken breasts. Cover the entire surface of the chicken with spice.
- Heat the butter in the warm pan, then sear the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 min on the side with the spices. While first side cooks, sprinkle another tsp. of spice over the top of each chicken breast, coating which side as you did the other. Flip the chicken over, and sear for another 2 to 3 min. The surface of the chicken will be coated with a charred, black layer of flavor. This is exactly what you are shooting for.
- Finish the chicken off on your barbecue grill. Grill each breast on both sides for 2 to 3 min, or possibly till they are done.
- While chicken is cooking prepare the salads by splitting the lettuce into two large bowls. Toss in the red cabbage and carrots. Mix the cheeses together, then top the salad with the cheeses and hard-boiled egg. Sprinkle the diced tomato on each salad.
- Slice the chicken breast, across each breast in 1/2-inch-thick slices. Spread the chicken over the top of the salad and serve immediately with dressing on the side.
- This recipe yields 2 entree servings.
- 0 0
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 827g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 485||57%|
|Total Fat 54.99g||69%|
|Saturated Fat 20.62g||82%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 62.11g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||26%|