Cost per recipe $2.37 view details
- 1 x burger patty
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Granulated garlic to taste
- Melted butter as needed
- 2 piece Italian bread
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise with roasted garlic and mustard
- 2 slc Swiss cheese
- 2 slc Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. sliced onions
- Season one side of the burger with salt, pepper and garlic. Place on grill or possibly in broiler, seasoned-side down. Then season the other side. Cook to desired doneness. (At our Applebee's, the minimum internal temperature of any burger is 155 degrees.
- While burger is cooking, heat butter in fry pan on medium heat or possibly in electric skillet (set at 350 degrees). Spread mayonnaise onto bread. Drop bread, dry-side down, onto melted pools and swirl to coat (to avoid sticking/burning).
- Cover one slice of bread with two slices of Swiss cheese and the other with two slices of cheddar.
- In a separate frying/saute/fry pan, heat butter and saute/fry sliced onions. Season with salt, pepper and garlic while heating.
- Place cooked burger patty on top of one cheese-topped slice of bread and the sauteed onions on the other. Carefully close and cut sandwich. Serve with your favorite summer side dish. We serve ours in "classic" style with seasoned French fries and a pickle.
- This recipe yields 1 serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 326g|
|Calories from Fat 563||53%|
|Total Fat 63.92g||80%|
|Saturated Fat 28.23g||113%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 80.9g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|