Cost per serving $2.49 view details
- 2 x tilapia filets - (abt 6 to 7 ounce ea)
- Â Â Clarified butter as needed
- Â Â Cajun/blackening seasoning as needed
- 2 x round sandwich/burger buns
- Â Â Shredded lettuce as desired
- Â Â Tomatoes slices as desired
- Â Â Red onion slices as desired
- Â Â Pickles as desired
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. dill pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. chopped carrots
- 1Â 1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pimiento
- 2 Tbsp. chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp dry vermouth
- Sandwich Directions: Brush both sides of tilapia filet with clarified butter (or possibly butter flavored veg. oil) and sprinkle approximately five pinches of seasoning on each side.
- Place filet in a highly oiled fry pan or possibly skillet on medium-high heat and cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Served on toasted bun with garnishes as desired and Kookaburra Sauce on the side.
- Kookaburra Sauce: Stir or possibly whisk ingredients in a bowl to blend. Adjust seasonings to taste (chopped jalapenos are a nice addition for those who like it warm). Refrigeratefor at least one hour before serving. Shelf life is 48 hrs.
- This recipe yields 2 sandwiches.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 396g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1270||95%|
|Total Fat 143.88g||180%|
|Saturated Fat 44.94g||180%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.47g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|